BMVC 2015 Workshop: Call for Proposals
Workshop proposals to be held in conjunction with the 26th British Machine Vision Conference, BMVC 2015, are solicited. Workshops will take place on the last afternoon of the conference on Thursday 10 September. The workshops are intended to be half-day events and to provide opportunities for in-depth discussions of focused topics, technical issues, or specific applications of computer vision and pattern recognition. Both established topics and new trends in related areas are welcomed.
The workshop organisers are responsible for soliciting papers, handling submissions, carrying out peer review, notifying authors, and collecting camera-ready papers within the specified deadlines. BMVC 2015 will provide meeting facilities, collect workshop registrations, and distribute electronic proceedings. Proposals will be relevant to BMVC and will be evaluated by the BMVC 2015 organising committee.
A workshop may contain both oral sessions and a short poster session. The overall length is restricted to a half day. Workshops will be made freely available to delegates that are registered to the main conference. Workshop presenters must register for the workshop event. Organisers may choose to invite speakers. The conference cannot provide financial support to invited speakers or the workshop organisers. One workshop registration fee can be waived for a workshop that has over 10 presenters.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Workshop title, and tentative call for papers for the workshop.
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, and primary contact email.
- Names and bios of any invited speakers and indication of whether they have agreed to speak.
- Proposed Workshop format.
- Description of relevance and viability.
- Topics that will be covered and rough program.
- Anticipated target audience as well as expected number of attendees, e.g. based on past events.
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by Friday 20 February 2015.